Based on Government Regulation No. 34 of 1996 on Antidumping Duty and Countervailing Duty as amended by Government Regulation No. 34 of 2011 on Antidumping Measure, Countervailing Measure, and Safeguard Measure and Decree of the Minister of Industry and Trade No. 261/MPP/Kep/9/1996 on Procedure and Requirements for Application of Investigation on Dumped Goods and or Subsidized Goods and Decree of the Minister of Industry and Trade No. 216/MPP/Kep/7/2001 on Amendment to Decree of the Minister of Industry and Trade No. 261/MPP/Kep/9/1996, today, Friday, 29 June 2012, KADI announces:
- KADI has received an application from PT. Indo-Rama Synthetics Tbk., PT. Indorama Ventures Indonesia, and PT. Polypet Karyapersada who represent the domestic industry, to initiate an antidumping investigation on imported goods of Polyethlene Terephthalate (PET) (HS Number 3907.60.10.00; 3907.60.20.00; and 3907.60.90.00) from Republic of Korea, People’s Republic of China, Singapore, and Taiwan.
- Based on the assessment from the application, KADI has found strong indications that the product Polyethlene Terephthalate (PET) (HS Number 3907.60.10.00; 3907.60.20.00; and 3907.60.90.00) which are imported at dumped price has caused injury to the domestic industry which produce the like product.
- Based on the result of the assessment, KADI has decided to intiate an investigation on the product which is alleged to be dumped goods imported from the Republic of Korea, People’s Republic of China, Singapore, and Taiwan, mentioned in number 1, starting from the date of this announcement.
- KADI will then convey questionnaires and copies of the non-confidential petition as well as the announcement of the initiation of this investigation to the interested parties. Other interested parties may obtain such information if needed by sending a letter to KADI.
- Request for additional information, responses or request for hearing which is related to this dumping and injury investigation must be made written to:
Indonesian Antidumping Committee
Ministry of Trade, Building I – 9th Floor
Jln. M.I. Ridwan Rais No. 5, Jakarta 10110
Telp. (62-21) 3850541 – Fax: (62-21) 3850541
Jakarta, Friday, 29 June 2012